Jeffrey W. Toppel
Jeff Toppel is widely recognized as a leading practitioner in the area of labor and employment law, representing employers of all sizes in a wide variety of industries. Jeff works with his clients to provide timely and proactive advice on maintaining an issue-free workplace.
In addition to providing advice and counsel to employers on compliance with the growing myriad of employment laws, Jeff defends employers before various state and federal agencies, and before courts throughout the U.S. Over the past several years, Jeff has represented numerous employers before the National Labor Relations Board and has developed a deep knowledge in the expanding area of protected, concerted activities in the union and non-union workplaces.
With his deep knowledge of emerging labor and employment issues, Jeff is regularly sought after by his clients to provide strategic advice on personnel and labor relations issues and to conduct supervisory training. He is a regular speaker to human resources and other professional groups and past chair of both the Arizona State Bar and Maricopa Bar Association’s Labor and Employment sections.
In addition to his employment practice, Jeff has worked with clients in the cannabis and emerging psychedelics industry.
As a highly regarded employment law expert, Jeff has been recognized by U.S. Chambers, Southwest Super Lawyers, and was selected as a member of the American Employment Law Council.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D. (Certificate in Labor and Employment Law)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A.
Bar + Court Admissions
- Arizona State Bar
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Nevada State Bar
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Colorado
- United States District Court for New Mexico
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Arizona Dispensaries Association
- Arizona State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section (Past Chair)
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section (Past Chair)
- National Cannabis Industry Association
Working with Jeffrey W. Toppel
- Jeff works with his clients to make decisions that balance the needs of their business with potential risks.
- Arizona Society of Human Resources Management (AzSHRM), Past Board Member
- Moriah Cooperative, Board Member
Outside Interests & Activities
- Live music